Did you know? Recent studies suggest that health and fitness, travel and retail sectors are the booming sectors for web design and development.
A few decades ago you could go to your local shopping centre to see which sectors were most successful by the number of customers they had visiting their retail store. Now, as online businesses are booming and taking over the economy, you should speak to website professionals to know what businesses and industries are flourishing.
GoDaddy recently commissioned web designers and developers for the Evans Data Study, discovering that the growth in consumer markets were having an upsurge in health and fitness, travel and retails. This increase is having a positive snowball effect in another market – the web designers and developers who are carrying out all the work. The research was carried out in India, the UK, Germany, Brazil, Mexico and the United States, and the results are showing fast growth with web professionals. It’s no surprise to GoDaddy that these sectors are going through huge development, as more and more consumers are looking at a healthier way of life and want to experience travel. Retail and travel sectors were in the top 3 for all the countries, except India where education and creative industries are in the forefront:
|1. Retail||1. Retail||1. Creative||1. Retail||1. Travel|
|2. Food||2. Travel||2. Education||2. Travel||2. Retail|
|3. Creative||3. Health / Fitness||3. Health / Fitness||3. Real Estate||3. Food|
What’s Coming Next?
Trends are showing that the next sectors to see an increase in growth are advise-based industries and transportation. Specifically, legal and health industries are investing and emerging. Although web professionals are knowledgeable about this information, they are also a vital element in the development of small businesses and the Evans Data research has revealed that the opportunities also come with challenges:
- Managing Growth: Around 80% of web developers and designers have said that client growth is expected at 25% plus each year, with a third of web pro’s reporting an upsurge in 50% and more.
- Client Demand: Most web developers and designers have only been in business for less than a decade as the industry is so new, so keeping up with demands can be a challenge.
- Managing Growth: It’s important for web pro’s to continue learning and training so that they can manage focus and growth for their clients.
- New Markets: The newer web markets are seeing an increase in acquiring creative and technical skills to fulfil client’s needs and target new markets.
- Mature Markets: Businesses need to remain focused on project management and business skills within their team, ensuring they keep up with technical requirements.
As online businesses develop, it has never been more important to manage growth to restructure the economy and for web professionals to mature online too. An incredible 83% of web professionals agree that a certification program is essential, confirming there is a high requirement for standards.
It is inevitable that the internet will continue to impact and increase the economy with the introduction of AI and many more developing technologies. The United States have predicted that by 2024 there will be around 1.8 million vacancies for tech jobs, so the economy will find keeping up a challenge. A web professional knows that as more new businesses and services are created online, more pressure will be added. But if you’re interested in the next booming sector, then you can guarantee a web pro is already working on several related projects.